Many dogs find Sweet potatoes delicious. Dehydrated Sweet potatoes are very close to being fresh preserving all the nutrients.
Sweet potatoes are very good for dogs as a treat. They are primarily carbohydrates so play safe and limit the amount to your dog’s diet. Sugars have the same effect on dogs as humans, too much will turn in to fats.
Summarized key benefits of sweet potatoes
- Sweet potatoes are safe for dogs and have many health benefits.
- Sweet flavor, which some dogs love.
- They support the digestive system by being high in fiber , witch is essential for healthy digestion and bowel movements.
- They are very low in fat.
- Sweet Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates mainly from starch
- They are rich in Vitamin C and A . Furthermore there is a generous amount of Vitamin B6 in them. These vitamins support healthy Vision , Coat , muscle and intestine functions.
- The trace minerals are found in Sweet potato's are potassium, calcium, iron and manganese. Trace minerals are essential for cell reproduction, coat and functionality of intestines.
- Rich in beta-carotene , an antioxidant. Beta-carotene converts to Vitamin A in your dog’s body, which is essential for vision, growth, and muscle strength and better the fur. There is research about beta-carotene aiding in killing cancer , and prevent heart diseases in humans.
- Furthermore, they are a natural energy source. And as natural as a treat can get.
By Snorri Halldorsson
Seafood Science Expert,Director of R&D at TickledPet